Tuesday, May 22, 2007
How can you tell if an affiliate program is legitimate and if it will generate revenues for you? There are some basic concepts to follow when considering an affiliate program you wish to join or an affiliate product you wish to promote.
1. Stick with the larger affiliate programs. These programs have been around for a while and are used by millions of websites. Some of the top affiliate program sites are: Commission Junction, Paydotcom, and Clickbank.
2. Start small. Select one or two affiliate products that you'd like to promote. You can't see success if you're trying to promote dozens of products without a clear marketing strategy. The best advice I can give is to choose products that are closely aligned with your web site content and your passion.
3. Go for a test drive. The best way to learn to market or promote a product is to use it yourself. If you're going to promote a product, use it yourself or contact the product owner and ask for a demo/free access. It never hurts to ask.
4. Look for Affiliate Resources. Will the product owner provide you with online assets you can use to promote the product? Online assets would include banners, buttons, emails, affiliate articles and so on - making it easier for you to generate sales.
5. Promote products from well established Affiliates. Do a little research on the products, sites, and site owners you are looking to promote. This will help alleviate any fears you may have and optimize your chances for success.
Personally, I've had great success promoting just a few products that are closely aligned to my website MarketingScoop.com (Internet marketing expert) by sticking with just a few products from well established Internet marketing providers. The products I like to promote are:
1. SEO Elite
2. Article Submitter Pro
3. Ultimate Wealth Package
4. Covert Affiliate Links
5. Directory Submitter
There are a number of other affiliate products I could market, but these are most closely aligned to my website, my content, and my passion. Look for future posts on affiliate programs - be sure to bookmark u!