Subscribe via: ( Email / RSS )

Thursday, August 30, 2007


It still amazes me how difficult it can be to respond to a marketing offer. Yesterday I received a direct marketing piece with a call to action that said, "To order call 888-123-4567... hours of operation 9 - 4:30PM Monday through Friday". Okay, I don't know about you, but I'm working during those hours and its not always the most convenient time for me to respond to YOUR offer.

This is really just a reminder that in order to optimize effectiveness, for any direct marketing offer, you need to provide multiple options (limit it to 3). Individuals responding should be able to do so in a variety of ways. You need to determine the proper mix, but at a minimum I would suggest the ability to fill out a web form or call.

Additional options should be used depending on your audience. Consider including a business reply card (BRC), a return envelope, a fax number, and email address, etc. based on the traditional marketing communication methods your target audience is using.

As always, test and measure the usage of your response mechanisms. If the majority of people visit your website or jump page to respond, be sure to highlight that option in your marketing piece. Set a priority as well. Something like, "Fast, Faster, Fastest" is a great way to steer people to a preferred response vehicle.

Remember, multiple response mechanisms can increase response rates - but don't forget to keep it simple.

1 comments :

ashleyw said...

I think this is an excellent point! There have been numerous times I've been frustrated due to having only 1 option of responding to a company -- sometimes the only option I have is snail mail or faxing, neither of which are very appealing.

When companies do not make themselves via email I find it very off-putting; email/internet is so much more accessible than previous means of communicating.

This post reminds me of an article

Post a Comment

Please note that we reject all posts that clearly are leaving a comment simply to acquire a back link. Only comment if you have something of value to share with other readers.

Thanks!




Copyright 2018. The Marketing Blog.