Subscribe via: ( Email / RSS )

Monday, June 08, 2009

Twitter.. What's This All About

Monday, June 08, 2009


OK... I caved. Honestly I've been hearing about social marketing through Twitter and Facebook for about 9 months now and finally gave in. Yes, it's true, I'm tweeting! Of course, I still know very little about Twittering and what the point is, but I guess you have to be in the game.

I've been on facebook for a while and love to share photos and comment on what my friends are doing. To me facebook is more of a personal dialog and Twittering is really more for connecting with others who are passionate about marketing.

My plan is to share article, information, and resources that are marketing related on Twitter. I know that I'm certainly interested in what others are saying - especially in the area of Internet marketing. I may even start a project and provide regular updates via Twitter. That could give my followers something meaningful to follow.

I'm definitely interested in any tips my readers my have on using Twitter. It can be from a marketing perspective or simply how to best use Twitter... In the meantime, I invite you to follow me on Twitter. I can me found at @mfleischner

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Interesting!

In the past, offline media was one of the major mediums to promote one’s business and brand awareness. However, with the increasing popularity of the online media and its positive results, more people are turning to online marketing techniques to build a strong business presence across the globe. There are several online marketing strategies we can use for our Internet marketing solutions, but SEO (search engine optimization) today has taken a stance much ahead of any other technique.

SEO brings with it tremendous scope for business improvement with improved keyword positioning, improved ranking and overall increase in the ROI and cuts down on the PPC cost extensively in the long run. This is a proven marketing solution if done the right way using the right techniques based on your website requirements.

I thought this information would be helpful for those who wish to promote their website and get great results.

Web Designer Greg Bowen said...

60% of twitter subscribers drop out after the first month - and studies show that putting efforts towards blogs and SEO is more vital.

http://lawyer48.wordpress.com/2009/05/31/twitter-defenders-miss-the-point/

Here is one article about it - there are a few. I think it depends on your product and services, and most importantly who your target audience is. Most of my clients really have no idea what facebook really does, let alone twitter.

internet marketing services said...

twitter has been a remarkable site that has been helping a lot of people promote their websites and blogs. What a revolution this site has been doing. I love twitter.

mike c.

Andy said...

I'm with you on this one, twitter is very alien to me too, however i can see the appeal by increasing your links to your website. Like you I also caved, and I can see this becoming very addicted just like facebook. You only have to read the article on dell to understand the impact twitter has had on their sales.

Andy
www.fresheyesmarketing.co.uk

mrboilermaker said...

I think it is great that you are on twitter, it is a tool that I use both personally and professionally. Twitter, as a tool, is just passing the early adopter stage of the life cycle and the real value as an immediate news source is really being felt with #iranelection.

As more attention is being paid by the casual to nonusers looking to get information they are not getting from traditional media sources twitter is showing its power in controlling and maintaining conversations - but that is only a part of it.

Tools like twiogle.com that produce both algorithm based google results and real time twitter results side-by-side are taking information to a new level.

Certainly there is a lot of garbage in twitter, but smart marketers can weed through that.

I would not put all my eggs in the social media basket, but as part of an integrated marketing campaign it is something all marketers should consider. Both B2B and B2C, because in the end we are all marketing to people and having impactful conversations is what matters most.

Post a Comment

Please note that we reject all posts that clearly are leaving a comment simply to acquire a back link. Only comment if you have something of value to share with other readers.

Thanks!




Copyright 2018. The Marketing Blog.