Subscribe via: ( Email / RSS )

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The 30 Day Marketing Challenge: Game On!

Thursday, December 24, 2009




This may appear to be my most ridiculous Marketing Blog post of all time, but in just a few short minutes you'll discover how this Internet marketing challenge has everything to do with marketing and little if anything to do with how to get rid of abdominal fat.

A number of weeks ago I was doing a Webinar on how to drive traffic to your web site or blog for little or no money. After the webinar I received a number of marketing related questions via email from seminar participants. I was pleasantly surprise when Internet marketing legend and guru Greg Cesar connected with me. Greg is not only a marketing genius, but he's also a great guy.

We got to talking and Greg gave me a challenge that was too good to give up. He asked, "How quickly do you think you can get a web site ranked #1?" Without giving it much thought I responded, "..about 30 days". And from that simple question the 30 Day Challenge was born.

What This Has To Do With Getting Rid of Abdominal Fat

Okay, so when a guy like Greg challenges someone like me to a seemingly impossible task, you've got to be on your toes. And honestly, other than getting on an exercise machine, working out with an exercise ball, or doing some jogging, my knowledge of six pack abdominals is pretty limited. However, I decided to find an affiliate product to promote and work with over the next month or two and discovered the popular ebook called Truth About Abs.

After conducting some basic keyword research using the Google AdWords tool I landed on the keyword phrase,"get rid of abdominal fat." The keyword gets over 1,300 monthly searches and, believe it or not, the URL wasn't taken. I couldn't believe it either given the fact that exercise and abdominal information is very popular. I bought the domain and started the 30 day challenge to get the site ranked on top for my chosen keyword.

I'm in the process of documenting and recording all of the steps that I'm using to achieve my goal.  When finished, I plan to post the video here and show you step-by-step how I did the research, focused on the exercise niche, chose the abdominal product, selected the keyword phrase "get rid of abdominal fat", and optimized the site for search engines.  I

Now you can see that while the rest of the world is thinking about the holidays, I'm thinking about losing belly fat - I know, an odd thing. But I guess that's what makes marketers like me so strange. Happy holidays!

4 comments :

Dropship Products said...

Surprising that the url wasn't already taken. I wish you succeed in the challenge. Greg is a great guy and you can always rely on him for marketing tips.

Anonymous said...

I'll be anxious to find out the results! Are you going to use the abdominal advise in the e-book yourself?

Tara Andrews said...

This is a great challenge. I am doing a similar task on my own site trying to increase traffic with minimum cost. Can't wait to see the results.

lose belly fat said...

Few weeks after the challenge I can see you're ranking in first place on the SERPS! Congratulations Miche!

I was at your webinar when you took up the challenge. It goes to show reputable marketers like you are worth emulating.

Post a Comment

Please note that we reject all posts that clearly are leaving a comment simply to acquire a back link. Only comment if you have something of value to share with other readers.

Thanks!




Copyright 2018. The Marketing Blog.