Subscribe via: ( Email / RSS )

Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Is Sure To Be Great

Friday, December 31, 2010


New Year resolutions, reflecting back at 2010, and thinking about 2011 is what the next couple days are all about. When I think back about this year, I'm feeling so grateful for everything that I've experienced, the new friends I have made, and the goals I've achieved.

Things aren't always smooth but as long as you stay focused on your goals, you have nothing to be disappointed about. I recently spoke to a student who was upset about a recent web project that didn't succeed. I encouraged him to stay the course. With each failure there must be an equivalent success. By focusing on results, not the work itself, we can move ourselves in the direction we want to go.

Over the next few days, relax. Be grateful for all the experiences you've had during the year. Each of your experiences has brought you to this place, right where you are. Internet marketing, search engines, and other online promotions will still be there in 2011. One thing is certain though, they will change. Make it your goal to get more involved with online marketing in the coming year and stay on top of everything marketing.

As many of you know, I have published a couple of books and plan to continue publishing well into the future. I recently noticed that my royalties are growing for digital editions of my book. This was something that starting in 2010 but will only get bigger in 2011. What other changes are on the horizon? I don't know for sure but as marketers we need to lead the charge. New websites, new online promotions, continued growth in social media will be the norm.

Stay focused, enjoy what you do, and continue to improve your marketing knowledge. I'm looking forward to more blogging in 2011 and hearing from more of you through comments and guest posts. All the best to you and your family and Happy New Year!

16 comments :

judejst said...

Thanx you for your 2010 posts and happy new year !!

Esign said...

I'm hoping that business in 2011 will be better. I guess with the right motivation, your business will provide a good platform on which to build success over the coming 12 months.

Muhammad Touseef Siddiqui said...

YEP.. 2011 seems to be bigger and challenging as well for web.
Wish you best of luck and happy new year!

Ryan P said...

Enjoying the posts and a happy new year to you!

I think you're right on the social media front - lots more changes on the way. Could this be the year that social commerce starts to take off in a big way? I certainly think so.

Ryan

P.S. Sorry if this post already went up. I was struggling to get the comment to go up on Safari.

MOS Creative said...

This is actually my first time visiting the site but I will be looking forward to your posts in 2011!

A lot of people are saying 2011 will be the year of the mobile phone and mobile web. I think that is a good possibility but I also think Social Media will continue to pose as a major player in the marketing field. We just put up a post this morning about tips for social media in 2011, check it out at blog.moscreative.com

Keep up with the great posts and I will definitely be coming back to see your posts as well!

Emma said...

I've just stumbled across your blog, and I think what you said about staying focused is so important in marketing. Sometimes things just don't work and it can be disheartening. I just graduated this year, and the job search was especially tough! But I'm now working at an agency and am going to try not to let little slip ups get me down this year.
I'm trying to increase my knowledge of SEO, so I'll definately be keeping an eye on your blog. Thanks.

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for the great post. 2011 is going to be the best year yet!

Marketing agency Perth said...

Through this bloge we should know that how can we make our business marketing strategy in year 2011. For more information you can visit ou website

Nick Squires said...

Thanks Michael

I certainly see any failures I may have had in 2010 as steps forward, perhaps not the direct route I was looking for but certainly a step towards learning more.

I am certainly a more knowledgeable marketer going into 201l because of my ideas that did not work. Besides if everything went exactly as planned then life would be boring, there would be no game.

Thanks, Nick, Tahiti

cheap domains said...

Its so cheerful knowing that the new year is bringing new trends of web hosting and relating online appearance. We are moving to an economic online world. Its great for us all.

Faheem said...

Thank you. I think mobile and iPad apps are what businesses need to start working to retain their customers today - preferably e-commerce industry

Website Design said...

Thanks for this useful information. I think SEO audit is a good thing and we should be interested in doing with. It can show up a clear image what does the SEO company do.

Marketing Dissertation said...

A memory of marketing is generally students who took the decision to a business course. Marketing is an important element of a business plan and the students they would be a world of good by learning the most important methods of marketing and correct in both scenarios offline and online business .

baby jumpers and bouncers said...

Very helpful, much appreciated!

local search seo said...

2011 is shaping up to be a great year. After many years of working for someone else, now I am working for myself. Well actually my clients... you know what I mean!

Marketing Dissertation said...

I read this information with great pleasure. Thanks for such nice post!

Post a Comment

Please note that we reject all posts that clearly are leaving a comment simply to acquire a back link. Only comment if you have something of value to share with other readers.

Thanks!




Copyright 2018. The Marketing Blog.