Subscribe via: ( Email / RSS )

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Climbing the Search Engine Ladder

Saturday, October 14, 2006


How to reach the top of the search engines!

I never considered myself a Marketing Expert until I started this awkward climb. About 2 years ago a launched a website and later found that my expectations were way off. The site I launched was ambitious - costing me about $10,000 to develop - but everything I imagined the ultimate marketing website to be... RSS feeds, online surveys, dynamic content, automated back end and more.

After a number of months of not showing up in the first 100 Google results related to marketing and other keywords, I decided to get an education related to SEO and website management. Unfortunately, this changed my expectations of what I could build and how to build it. Before getting started with the exact formula I used to reach the top of the search engines, let me say that it took another $10,000 to start from scratch and build the website known as MarketingScoop.com today. The site is still a work in progress and much less dynamic than the previous site. However, it ranks towards the top of major search engines for keywords such as "Marketing Expert" and "Internet Marketing Secrets".

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Please note that we reject all posts that clearly are leaving a comment simply to acquire a back link. Only comment if you have something of value to share with other readers.

Thanks!




Copyright 2018. The Marketing Blog.