Sunday, April 22, 2012
How to Submit a Guest Post For The Marketing Blog...
We are open to new and original content about all things marketing. Before you submit your content for consideration, please consider which option is for you. We accept promotional posts as well as general submission for consideration.
OPTION 1: Promotional Posts
If you would like to submit a post that would be of value to our readers that includes a link to your product, service, or website, you must meet the following criteria for General Submissions and pay our one-time posting fee of $125. Our editors review and make your post as well as distribute to our 10,000+ Twitter followers and email list. Posts are permanently archived on The Marketing Blog and remain on the home page for a minimum of one week.
That's it. If you've read all of the instructions and are still interested in submitting your content for a promotional post on one of the world's top marketing blogs, we'd love to add you to our list of marketing experts. If you have any questions or want to get started write away by sending us your idea, contact us.
OPTION 2: General Submissions
For your content to be considered, the following criteria must be met. Upon receipt, our editors will review your content. If accepted, you are notified within 7 - 10 business days:
- Your content is 100% original. Don't waste our time. If you're simply submitting a previous work or something you scraped off of another website, don't bother.
- It’s gotta be really good content. On the Marketing Blog we pride ourselves on having content you can't find anywhere else. Not to mention, our readers want good, practical information they can implement quickly. If you have something that exudes quality, we want it.
- Submission must be marketing related. I know this is obvious but you'd be surprised at the type of content people submit. We love marketing content related to traditional marketing, online marketing, search marketing, and social media - but anything marketing related will do.
- Write for our specific audience. The Marketing Blog caters to anyone doing business online. This includes small business owners, marketing professionals, affiliate marketers, and fellow bloggers.
- Your content must provide value. We don’t have minimum word or length requirements but I can tell you that the post should be as long as it needs to be, and not much longer than that. From my experience I haven't seen quality content that's than 800 to 900 words. In fact, many of our posts are longer but this is a good rule of thumb.
- You have to be previously published. We have found that individuals who have published articles or online content in the past tend to provide quality content. As such, you need to have a minimum of 3 references to online content. Please note that we do not accept articles featured on article distribution websites as substantial. Your content must be featured on other noteworthy blogs or websites.
- 1. Read our blog including our most popular posts. Doing so will give you an idea of the content we like to share on the Marketing Blog.
- 2. Send us an email about your post idea. Just send the idea versus a finished, polished post. Our editors will review and either approve the idea or suggest changes. Marketing Blog editors usually respond with 2 - 3 business days. If you’re ready to submit your idea, please use the MarketingScoop.com contact form.
- 3. Write the post and submit it for review. Send us your post in a text or Word doc. After you've written it, please proof your own work for spelling a grammar - we're not an editing service. In fact, a number of post are rejected daily because of the amount of work we'd have to put into it to make is Marketing Blog worthy. Feel free to include one body link in the post to your stuff, our stuff, to other reputable resources. We don’t have any problem with links, as long as they’re relevant and add value to what you're posting about.
- 4. Be ready to make revisions. Once we’ve seen the post, we’ll either approve it for publication, or more likely, request revisions. If we request revisions, it isn’t an outright rejection of your content. Rather, we want to work with you to make sure that your post is as good as it can be.
- 5. Plan to participate. We want all of our authors to interact with reader comments. The day of the post and for a few days that follow, we'll look to you for some interaction and feedback on the website. Our audience likes accessibility and would like to hear directly from you.
- 6. Do your part to promote your post. Have Facebook fans? Twitter Followers? We know you do. We ask that each of our authors submits a link to their post using social media. It's not much to ask.
That's it. If you've read all of the instructions and are still interested in posting to one of the world's top marketing blogs, we'd love to add you to our list of marketing experts. If you have any questions or want to get started write away by sending us your idea, contact us.