Thursday, August 16, 2007
1. What is your most successful blog (maybe you have other blogs as well)? "The Marketing Blog" available at http://marketing-expert.blogspot.com.
2. How long have been working with it? I launched the blog about a year and a half ago after a number of my customers suggested that I begin providing tactical information that would help them improve their day-to-day Internet marketing.
4. How often do you update content on your blog? More often than not, I'm providing posts on a daily basis. The only caveat is that I won't complete a post if it isn't valuable. I don't want to waste anyone's time - especially those who use the information to better themselves or their business.
5. Do you do any search engine optimization for your blog? Some. My primary SEO tactics to date have been related to "on-page" optimization but I also do a little off-page SEO (article marketing, reciprocal linking, etc.)
6. How do you monetize your blog? I monetize my blog in a couple of ways. First and foremost is Google Adsense. I think its a win-win because my blog readers gain access to relevant tools and information. The second, but much less frequent way is through affiliate marketing. We don't push products on ANYONE. That said, if a consumer is seeking a product for a particular purpose, we sometimes offer a suggestion if one of our staff has used a product for the same need. Again, a win-win because we connect product seekers with viable products that have proven to meet a need in the market place.
7. What is the key to success with blogs in your understanding of it? (2-3 sentences maximum). Value... what you blog about must be targeted to your audience and provide sufficient value. Information is only valuable if your readers find it valuable and if it solves a need.