Subscribe via: ( Email / RSS )

Friday, October 19, 2007

Can You Buy Traffic?

Friday, October 19, 2007


A recent "Marketing Blog" reader asks, "I will like to read your opinion about those paid traffic services. Actually I'm still selling my products but most of the time I use paid target traffic services, it works nice for me but the only problem that I found is that after two or three traffic orders I have to move to another traffic business since the effectiveness only works for small time." - Pete

Pete, thanks so much for your comment. This is a GREAT topic and one that I'd love to comment on. Paid traffic services can be useful as part of an overall traffic generation strategy. I too have used paid traffic services in the past and believe they do present some value when used in conjunction with Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Email Marketing.

So What's the Rub With Paid Traffic?

Have you ever wondered where paid traffic comes from? The services that generate paid traffic do it through a few key methods.

1. Traffic Exchange. Using this method, these sites sell access to their traffic exchange networks where individuals surf for credits. As they earn credits viewing websites like yours, their ads/websites are displayed across the network for others to click on. If this method is being used, you may certainly experience a decrease in performance only because the same individuals are seeing your ad over and over, reducing their likelihood to click.

2. Search Engine Marketing. A great way to generate traffic for others is through search engine marketing like Google, ExactSeek or Yahoo! Traffic generation sites buy keywords in bulk or many long-tail keywords and resell the traffic generated from them. If they can do this at a profit, its a win-win. This is a difficult strategy only because the cost of keywords change frequently based on industry demand.

3. List Marketing. Traffic generation websites also generate traffic through email marketing and house lists. These techniques are usually leveraged through daily, weekly, and monthly electronic newsletters. Driving less traffic than the first two methods, the list marketing option usually rounds out a comprehensive traffic generation strategy.

So to answer your question directly Pete, traffic generation sites - paying for traffic - can be beneficial... it all comes down to how you use them and what it costs. Personally, I prefer to sign up for my own traffic exchange, purchase my own keywords, and manage my newsletters and email lists!


1 comments :

David Bowie said...

Hi Michael, my name is David Bowie. I really enjoyed your article"Can You Buy Traffic?". It confirmed what I have been telling my clients all along. I too own a large traffic network and get many traffic orders.

I explain to my clients that my traffic network is just one of many tools they should have in their arsenal.

I do notice that members who continue to use my service, achieve higher search engine rankings.

Once again, thanks for the informative article.

David Bowie

Post a Comment

Please note that we reject all posts that clearly are leaving a comment simply to acquire a back link. Only comment if you have something of value to share with other readers.

Thanks!




Copyright 2018. The Marketing Blog.