Subscribe via: ( Email / RSS )

Wednesday, June 26, 2013




Every so often you come across a really good online experience and you feel the urge to share.  Well, today is no exception.  A little over a year ago, a good friend of mine and marketing guru Lital told me about a new tool she was using to help audit display ads running all over the world.  This was the first time I had really heard about the ability to get local views of web pages rendering in other countries and it wasn't long before I was hooked.

Not having any background in ad auditing or global web browsing, I didn't think much of my initial conversation around "GeoSurf" but over time discovered the power of viewing search results in other countries.  This is especially true when analyzing website traffic, display ads, and how content renders through international browsers.  Thanks to the joys of Universal search, having a clear picture of what others are seeing (no matter where in the world they are) is not only important, but essential.  

Enter the Adclarity browser bar.  Featured on TechCrunch, this is the latest technology providing a new wave of browsing insights to marketers and online advertisers. Understanding how to use these tools is essential for media intelligence and display advertising strategies that can literally put you ahead of the competition.

It's all about the data
The first question I asked myself when I learned of the ability to see web pages from someone else's perspective was this, "what is the benefit of having a local view in a different country?"  And the answer is simple.  Having the ability to see a webpage exactly as someone sitting in front of their computer in Paris France, Jerusalem Israel, or Sydney Australia, provides a level of insight that has previously gone unanswered. Additionally, if you look at your Google Analytics account, I guarantee that some of your traffic is coming from international audiences.  This is especially true if you're running display ad campaigns across the globe and even when displaying Adsense on your own website.

When I worked on the agency side, I used to spend thousands of dollars a month for services that would audit display ads and provide seemingly accurate information.  However, one thing that became perfectly clear over time is that nothing beats having a local international view on your own computer.  As the technology became more advanced, producing this view and accessing data has been built right into your web browser.

Media intelligence just got smarter

As I mentioned in the intro, one of the reasons I wanted to share information about this tool is because it's so powerful and valuable to my online marketing.  Now that I do business with people all over the world (shout out to my new friend Anthony from Australia), being able to view webpages from a local perspective, right from my computer, is not only helpful, but essential. Trust me when I say that Google Local exists all over the world!

The original tool I wrote about on a previous blog post, GeoSurf, has evolved into AdClarity, a media intelligence tool that provides valuable insights using advanced technology allowing anyone to explore the advertising landscape in each website visited and get comprehensive data for making smart advertising decisions.  In fact, the AdClarity tool even has the ability to get instant email and phone details for any key personnel in a website or company you are interested in partnering with.

The new AdClarity Toolbar includes enhanced features from AdClarity, the leading media intelligence platform, including: 1) Advertising intel about the websites you visit, 2) Contact information for the decision-makers of most websites, 3) Alerts that work for you by informing you of new advertising actions taken by your partners and competitors, 4) All of the great functionality of geosurfing, mobile device emulation, screenshots, and more.

Putting it all to good use

As the importance of reaching prospects and customers internationally begins to expand, it's a good idea to learn more about international browsing and how web pages, ads, and other digital assets render differently across the globe.  The AdClarity tool is what I use for invaluable insights, allowing me to surf from 120+ geographical locations as if I were a local user.  By experiencing geo-targeted content, I have much better insights into user behavior and online experiences.

I encourage you to take advantage of a no cost trial to learn more about the power of international browsing.  More than 7,000 professionals and companies are already using this tool to audit their online ads and see webpages from all over the world.  Happy surfing!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Please note that we reject all posts that clearly are leaving a comment simply to acquire a back link. Only comment if you have something of value to share with other readers.

Thanks!




Copyright 2018. The Marketing Blog.