Subscribe via: ( Email / RSS )

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Marketing Through Partnerships

Sunday, March 06, 2011



One of the most valuable lessons I've learning in my almost 15 years of marketing is that you can't do everything on your own.  In fact, the most productive marketing campaigns I've run in the last few years have all included a partnership of some type.  Partnerships come in various shapes and sizes.  And when it comes to marketing, the type and extent of partnerships vary greatly.


In the online marketing world, many partnerships are centered around the list.  Truthfully, having the right list can make or break your campaign.  If you have a great product or great content and ever expect to generate sales, you'll need partners who can help get your offer out in front of prospective buyers.  Partners may be in the form of those who invest in the venture or simply vendors with whom you've developed meaningful relationships.


Even if you're focused on traditional marketing, you're using partners all the time.  They may be internal partners or external partners, but partners none-the-less.  Consider a recent direct marketing piece I sent to promote the release of a new product.  Although I was using a house list, I contracted with an outside vendor (partner) to append the list with valuable data.  Based on years of working together, they added tremendous value and looked out for my best interests.  I also purchased my supplies from a printer and distributed the direct mail through the United States postal service.


When you are planning your marketing campaigns, consider what you need help with and where a partner of some kind can add value.  I tend to seek out partners who can help me reach my goals more quickly, less expensively, or simply achieve more impressive results.  Consider what aspects of your marketing campaign (internet marketing, email marketing, direct marketing, etc.) can be supported or improved by seeking out a partner.  Even if you are sharing profits 50/50, you're much better off than if you were to go at it alone.


Furthermore, working with a partner often results in additional opportunities.  The key is to find valuable partners you can trust, who add value, and have similar aims.  Stop going at it alone - develop partnerships that can take your business to the next level.


11 comments :

MicroSourcing said...

It's also a matter of having one steady partner for all your campaigns for the sake of consistency, or have a different partner for each new campaign.

Anonymous said...

Michael,

I am new to online marketing and I find the concept on online marketing partners interesting and appealing. I will look into it more for ways I can incorporate your concepts into my business.

Thank you

MarketingLebanon said...

Impressive... I love how you have loaded your text with keywords in a very subtle manner, and it seems like you are as good in social media as in SEO. I will keep you on my watch list :)
Kudos!

JOA said...

I am helping at a startup that is filling a void in the market of online consultation and professional services. The site just launched and we are looking for feedback. I hope anyone interested in the marketing aspect will have a llok at the site and provide any feedback. Thanks! Justin Nuyens. www.tipmeet.com

Anonymous said...

I completely agree! Working with a partner allows you to leverage the knowledge and expertise of other companies and professionals. Your business can't possibily develop expertise in all topics, but creating partnerships allows you to bridge the gaps you need to fill. Thanks for the post!

Lauren
Projectline Services

none said...

Some good marketing tactics opted by your senior level management, Of it will help to promote your product all over the world.

Shara said...

It is always great to get feedback and a view from a different position. It really can help you think outside of the box and inspire you to take it to another level.

Cindi @ DC Practice Tools said...

Reminds me of something I heard in a seminar a few years ago...

"Smart and Successful people surround themselves with other smart and successful people"

Burst said...

Your experience with direct mail is definitely a good example for how to effectively utilize a strategy partner. Had you acquired a list from a less trustworthy source, it could have backfired completely.

Unknown said...

Yes i agree with you working with a partner often results in additional opportunities.
Thanks for sharing.

Affiliate Network said...

Hey! Do you know in the event that they make any plugins to protect against hackers? I am kinda paranoid about losing everything I have worked hard on. Any recommendations?

Post a Comment

Please note that we reject all posts that clearly are leaving a comment simply to acquire a back link. Only comment if you have something of value to share with other readers.

Thanks!




Copyright 2018. The Marketing Blog.